How to engrave a door plate
Do you want to mark door plates using a precision mechanical engraving machine?
In this Gravolive, find out how to engrave a house number, a name or other information on a door plate!
Engrave door plates with adhesive tape and a mechanical engraving machine:
- 1st step: enter the wording to be engraved (text, numbers, symbols) to the Gravostyle™ software
- 2nd step: apply adhesive tape to the door plate to protect it from any scratching caused by the cutters; cut a piece of adhesive tape and place it over the door plate
- 3rd step: insert the door plate in the engraving machine and secure it using soft jaws
- 4th step: set the auto Z function using the “start” and “tick key” buttons. Adjust the Z axis with the auto Z function
- 5th step: start the engraving to make a surface engraving
6th step: adjust the control knob to 10 and start the engraving once again
This stage is needed to obtain a deep and high-quality engraving
- 7th step: loosen the soft jaws, remove the plate carefully and remove the protective tape. Your door plate is engraved!
Gravograph mechanical and laser solutions allow you to engrave door plates, letter box plates and other small name plates.
Our experts are at hand to help you find the solution most suited to your needs.
Feel free to contact them
To find out more about plate engraving